Unfortunately, many today are unaware concerning the important role the Christian faith and Church played in building the foundation of our country. The Church is primarily responsible for the morality, scientific inquiry, and judicial system which undergirds Western Civilization. Have you ever considered what it would be like today if Jesus had never been born? The followers of Jesus are responsible for the betterment of our culture and society!
- Consider their fruit of compassion and mercy influenced by the Golden Rule and demonstrated by:
- Parachurch organizations like World Vision, the Salvation Army, Compassion International, Samaritan’s Purse and many more.
- Hospitals, nursing, and the Red Cross
- The advancement of human rights:
- Elevating the rights of women
- Abolishing slavery
- Establishing universities and education for the masses
- The implementation of civil liberties:
- The Magna Carta
- The Civil Rights Movement in the 1960’s
- The Christian Faith provides a priceless purpose for living and a powerful, living hope in facing tomorrow and beyond: “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead…” (1 Peter 1:3).
The Apostle Peter, in the opening verses of his First Letter, encouraged Christians, amid trials and difficulties, to fix their hope on Jesus and on the “imperishable, undefiled, unfading,” and indescribable “inheritance” that will be theirs at the end of time when Christ returns (vv. 3-9, 13). In the meantime, he exhorts believers to be obedient to Christ, to walk in “holiness,” and to “not be conformed to their former lusts” (vv. 13-16).
Audio File Link: No File Available